The Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing Management is offered at level 8 of the NQF (HEQF aligned) and will consist of 120 credits. This Diploma is aimed at people in, or moving towards a senior marketing position, who already hold a recognised undergraduate qualification and want to enhance their marketing skills and knowledge.
- An appropriate and recognised three-year qualification on NQF level 7.
- A minimum of three years appropriate marketing or marketing-related experience.
- A CV and a motivational letter are required.
Applicants are required to complete the Postgraduate Application for Admission form for the Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing Management, which, together with certified copies of educational certificates, identity/passport documents, a letter of motivation and a CV, should be returned by registered post to:
The Dean: Post Graduate Studies
P O Box 91820
A non-refundable deposit (see fee structure) must accompany the application form. Applicants may be required to attend a selection interview at the discretion of the IMM GSM. The programme is divided up as follows:
- Submission of assignments in each module except Advanced Marketing Practicum 4.Please refer to the Calendar of Events.
- An open book examination in each module, except in Advanced Marketing Practicum 4. Please refer to the Calendar of Events.
- Completion of a marketing practicum. No assignment or examination is required. There will be a practical assessment.
All modules on the programme are compulsory.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing Management comprises five compulsory modules and is structured as follows:
- ABM401 - Advanced Brand Management 4 (20 credits)
- ADM401 - Advanced Digital Marketing 4 (20 credits)
- AGM401 - Advanced Global Marketing 4 (20 credits)
- AMP401 - Advanced Marketing Practicum 4 (40 credits) - practical assessment. No assignment or written examination required.
- ASM401 - Advanced Strategic Marketing: Theory and Practice 4 (20 credits)
The Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing Management can be completed within a minimum of one year study.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing Management must be completed within three years.